A Collection of Blockchain Syllabi and Course Material

Since many of us are professors, teaching assistants, or want to be, I figured we might want to start collating all of the teaching materials.

Here’s a link to Dawn Song and Christine Parlour’s Decentralized Finance Spring 2021 course at UC Berkeley. The curriculum is designed for CS and Econ graduate students and contains a mixture of hard science and overview. Includes links to video lectures and papers: PHDBA 297T4

Another one I’m looking at is Samuel Perl’s “Blockchain Fundamentals” course at Carnegie Mellon University: 950410 Blockchain Fundamentals - it uses Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies as a textbook as well as Ross Anderson’s Security Engineering - a guide to building dependable distributed systems

The University of Nicosia has a free Digital Currencies MOOC taught by Antonis Polemitis, Prof. George Giaglis, and Andreas Antonopoulos - DFIN-511

A Blockchain Research Framework

Here’s a hypothetical syllabus created by CalArts for a course on The Game of the Real: A Course Syllabus on NFTs as New Media (Proposal) – Open Assembly

MITOpenCourse Sloan School of Management “Blockchain and Money” readings. (2018)

open-source course on blockchain protocols contributed to by five people including Karl Floersch: Home · Cryptoeconomics.Study

Pragmatic Intro to Smart Contracts in Hyperledger Fabric & Go — part 1; Pragmatic Intro to Smart Contracts in Hyperledger Fabric & Go— part 2; and [Part 3](https://Pragmatic Intro to Smart Contracts in Hyperledger Fabric & Go — part 3).

A 101 Noob Intro to Programming Smart Contracts on Ethereum

MIT Cryptocurrency Engineering and Design (2018)

A GitHub repo of courses and resources

Feel free to add others to the stack!

9 Likes

Here’s a hypothetical syllabus created by CalArts for a course on The Game of the Real: A Course Syllabus on NFTs as New Media (Proposal) – Open Assembly

MITOpenCourse Sloan School of Management “Blockchain and Money” readings. (2018)

6 Likes

I wanted to add this open-source course on blockchain protocols contributed to by five people including Karl Floersch: https://cryptoeconomics.study/en/

Although, still a work in progress.

4 Likes

Thank you for a nice addition @Fizzymidas ! I asked @Larry_Bates for some of his favorite articles about coding and here are his suggestions: Pragmatic Intro to Smart Contracts in Hyperledger Fabric & Go — part 1; Pragmatic Intro to Smart Contracts in Hyperledger Fabric & Go— part 2; and [Part 3](https://Pragmatic Intro to Smart Contracts in Hyperledger Fabric & Go — part 3).

He also suggested A 101 Noob Intro to Programming Smart Contracts on Ethereum

4 Likes

Now, I have some focused weekend reading. Thank you!

5 Likes

I have found the Cryptocurrency Engineering and Design course at MIT to be fairly comprehensive, starting at the basics then ramps up to concepts like payment channels and confidential transactions.

6 Likes

Here is a github repository that lists some of the different blockchain courses/MOOCs.

4 Likes

Added the latest batch, please contribute more!

2 Likes