Adding a DeSci Section to SCRF?

My understanding from all the replies above is that no one is against adding DeSci to the forum, however, thoughts differ on the where, when and how.

Where
Should it be a section, a category or a tag?
Do we have any post on the forum that explains what makes up a section, a category or a tag? I know there is an attempt in the Terms Glossary and Content Tags post, but perhaps a more comprehensive explanation of how sections, categories and tags come to be. @zube.paul already talks extensively about why this organization/reorganization is needed at this time. I also noticed the words ‘section’ and ‘category’ being used interchangeably. More reason for clarity on what makes up a section, a category and a tag.

When
Is now the right time? Considering DeSci is still a budding area. And just as @Larry_Bates highlighted, we probably have other topics that need more attention. (That was some great data analysis by the way!)

I agree that now could be the right time, in order for SCRF to have an opportunity to shape and direct discussions in the fledging area.

How
This should be easy to sort once the where and how are sorted. This means considering how DeSci content is presented on the forum. @jmcgirk made great suggestions like interviews, research summaries, and generally content that aligns with SCRF’s mission. @zube.paul has also highlighted more content types like project updates, ‘key problems’, etc.

4 Likes