The Infinite Machine: How an Army of Crypto Hackers is building the Next Internet with Ethereum

Paper / Discussion Title

A number of important Ethereum-related books are coming down the pipeline. Each will reach an ever greater audience of laypeople and hobbyists. How accurate are these books targeted at a broader audience? What view of Ethereum and cryptocurrency are they presenting to the world?

“The Infinite Machine: How an Army of Crypto-hackers is building the Next Internet with Ethereum” was written by The Defiant’s Camila Russo and published in July 2020. Suggest a review of her book squeezed into a discussion post format, with an eye toward future book reviews.

*The Infinite Machine (preview)

This might also be an interesting way to begin exploring the intersection of humanities and the blockchain - plus a number of us have read this book and would be happy to engage with a review (I have commitments!)

6 Likes

I think this is a great idea! The discussion post format makes sense to me, but I do wonder if you had thoughts about what changes you had in mind so that it can handle book content instead of our traditional articles.

3 Likes

Super into it, in many ways this is a light ethnography of how Ethereum was founded.

3 Likes

I’ve read the book and would be happy to write a review! DM me with details on post requirements?

2 Likes

I broke up a 99 page article into 3 summaries based on the article’s sections. It was effectively a book.

1 Like

You’re welcome to post a review in this thread! This would be super informal. I just finished reading Infinite Machine myself, so I’ll probably come in behind you with some of my thoughts. Probably my biggest surprise from the book was how much of a leader Vitalik Buterin was in the movement.

2 Likes