SourceCred Polls and First Implementation

It has been great to be part of the SourceCred implementation discussions in Community Calls, internal meetings, and of course here on the forum. It is this type of community engagement and thoughtful discussion that makes SCRF such a valuable community to be part of.

Based on this good discussion and input, @brian.alexakis produced the following instance configurations for nodes and edges. These are the options for our initial implementation. Please take a look at the nodes and edges options and then vote in the poll below that will open on April 26th, 2022. The poll will be open for a full 7-day week. You will also have the option to change your vote during that period of time, but you will not be able to see the results until after the poll time has ended.

In addition to a configuration poll, we are also seeking community consensus on how much we will be dispersing. You will find another poll below that has three levels of initial funding; 1000, 2500, and 5000 DAI. Just like the configuration poll, this will be open for a whole week and results will be available once the poll closes.

Lastly, we want to make sure people have a choice in receiving DAI. You should be able to see a place in chat to indicate whether you will be opting in to receive the DAI payout. We are proposing that this happen each month to make sure we are engaging with active community members. Please note, the activity on the forum for those who do not Opt In will still contribute to the SourceCred graph and the calculated CredScores.

To receive DAI you must first fill out the First Time Opt In Form - this form only needs to be filled out once. There will also be an acknowledgement of DAI in chat as well to verify we are dispersing to live wallets.

Please take a look at these and then contribute to the poll below. 24 Hours after the launch of this poll, the poll will go live. You should be able to change your vote during the 7 days that the poll is open, but you will not be able to see results until after the poll closes. We will then use that initial configuration to do an initial disbursement of DAI. Following that, we will have monthly SouceCred meetings to discuss how we might want to make adjustments to both the disbursement and SourceCred instance.

13 Likes

Really looking forward to seeing how this experiment turns out! We talk so much about DAOs and web3 tooling, it’s fantastic seeing some of the strategies we’ve read and talked about so much implemented in our own organization. Congratulations, @zube.paul

4 Likes
DAI Allocation
  • 1000 DAI
  • 2500 DAI
  • 5000 DAI

0 voters

Nodes and Edges for Instance
  • 441 - Default
  • 441 - A: 1/8 Content
  • 441 - B: 1/2 Content
  • 441 - C: Reference Heavy

0 voters

1 Like

I’ll be really interested to see how this plays out. The only comment I have to make at this stage, is that I presume this will be adaptable? I’ve voted for what I think would be a good place to start, but I think we’ll have to see what happens and maybe adjust as necessary.

For example, once things are settled into a good place, the DAI allocation could increase as the number of participants increases.

4 Likes

Congratulations @zube.paul and @brian.alexakis on the successful implementation.

Perhaps the “nodes and edges” could be explained in laywoman terms as I currently have no idea what it means.

7 Likes

@brian.alexakis made a great presentation a few weeks ago, but SourceCred basically uses a Google page rank algorithm to figure out rankings, so nodes and edges are basically how to measure and define what makes a good comment. See above:

Based on this good discussion and input, @brian.alexakis produced the following instance configurations for nodes and edges.

5 Likes

You can also find some discussion about it in the initial post and discussion about SourceCred implementation.

Adding on to what @jmcgirk mentioned, nodes are basically what generates “cred.” Cred is the unit of measurement for a contribution. Edges are essentially the weights of how that cred is modified.

5 Likes

Nodes and edges are a function of the Graph structure. A node is a point at which a measurement can be taken. An edge is access to a node. An example, two nodes with 0 edges would not be able to transmit information between them or measure information between them directly. Two nodes that had two edges each would be able to be connected to each other while also being able to be connected to at least two other nodes. The more edges, the more nodes can be connected and compared between each other or are able to communicate with each other.

Further: “For an undirected graph, an unordered pair of nodes that specify a line joining these two nodes are said to form an edge. For a directed graph, the edge is an ordered pair of nodes.”

SCRF broken down into Nodes and edges would look like this (As done by @Vishesh ):

6 Likes

Congratulations @zube.paul I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how this develops and hopefully this will be adaptable.
Alot of theories about DAOs and web3 tooling has been said putting into practice will be a great turn up

1 Like