SCRF Terms Glossary and Content Tags

SCRF Analytics and Tag Mining?

In my day job, I do text analysis with an unsupervised learning algorithm called “topic models.” These models basically take texts and allow you to cluster them automatically. After clustering them you can discover latent topics contained within the texts and label those topics appropriately. The model can also automatically assign labels to texts.

I was thinking: would you all be interested in having me run all the SCRF posts through a topic model to see what kind of new labels/tags might emerge? The cool thing about this is that once the code is written, you can continuously estimate new models to discover new tags and, at least in theory, automatically apply those tags proactively and retroactively.

Also topic models have some cool plots associated w/ them that can be posted on SCRF. Here’s an example of one such plot using tweets: https://alexisperrier.com/assets/LDA_topic_7.png. The bubbles represent how many documents fall into a topic and the distance between them represents how similar they are in terms of keywords.

@jmcgirk @zube.paul @Larry_Bates @Rich @eleventh

3 Likes

That sounds AMAZING!

We have finally hit a point where we have enough material to have something like this done. I would have been hesitant 6 months ago in that it might have been premature and limited the scope, whereas now I believe this type of analysis would be extremely beneficial to get an iterative round of statistical analysis rather than just human-inferred direction.

1 Like

Thanks @Larry_Bates! @Rich is there a SCRF API that I can connect to to collect posts and put them into a database?

1 Like

A few more that have come up in engagement for everyone’s consideration:

• Keepers
  • Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Deep Learning
  • Use Cases
  • Case Studies
  • NFT
  • Incentives / Incentivization
1 Like

Yah, I think we can try to augment it a bit as I’m not convinced that the BIS is willing to provide a balanced definition considering their public positioning in the past.

Good old investpedia has a pretty decent definition I think:

The term central bank digital currency (CBDC) refers to the virtual form of a fiat currency. A CBDC is an electronic record or digital token of a country’s official currency. As such, it is issued and regulated by the nation’s monetary authority or central bank. As such, they are backed by the full faith and credit of the issuing government.

2 Likes

Discourse exposes hooks to almost everything.

This seems to work:

curl -X GET "https://www.smartcontractresearch.org/posts.json" | jq

If you need anything more detailed i think you can generate an API key from your user account. Ping me in chat if you have any problems.

1 Like

beautiful thanks Rich.

Awesome, thanks Rich! Looking forward to digging into this. I’ll post the Python notebook that I used to create the model as a link. Hope it leads to something interesting.

1 Like

Revising some new proposed tags given feedback.

Proposed Tag Term Definition Source Link
cbdc Central Bank Digital Currency A CBDC refers to the virtual form of a fiat currency. A CBDC is a programmable electronic record or digital token of a country’s official currency that issued and regulated by the nation’s monetary authority or central bank. Source
ethics Blockchain Ethics A subfield of ethics that examines the moral and social impacts of blockchain-based technologies which include, but are not limited to: cryptocurrency, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), decentralized identity, decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), smart contracts and oracles. Source
1 Like