Research Summary: REDSHIFT: Transparent SNARKs from List Polynominal Commitment IOPs

Was trying to determine the best place to post this…

Combining some elements from:

1. Research summary: Post-Quantum Security of the Bitcoin Backbone…

2. Research Summary: PlonK…

3. Research Summary: REDSHIFT…

@Larry: in #1 you mention that you don’t think that the crypto space has been good at using pre-existing frameworks with respect to possible quantum attacks and you specifically mention NIST. Don’t know if you’ve checked out the NIST Third PQC Standardization Conference from this June and/or the PQ Crypto conference from this July. But with these in mind, and Towards Post-Quantum Blockchain: A Review on Blockchain Cryptography Resistant to Quantum Computing Attacks, I see no mention of Redshift or STARKS. I can see why they may not be mentioned in NIST and PQCrypto, as they don’t explicitly address PQ as it relates to blockchain, but I’m not sure why I don’t see them alluded to in Towards PQ Blockchain. Is this the disconnect between pre-existing frameworks that you’re alluding to?

Please forgive any naivete, but it seems that Redshift and STARKs would both fall into the lattice-based category in this figure from Towards Post-Quantum Blockchain: A Review on Blockchain Cryptography Resistant to Quantum Computing Attacks:

Is the blockchain PQCrypto community solely concentrating on lattice-based solutions simply because they are the most promising and/or broadly what other blockchain PQCrypto potential solutions should I get up to speed on to join the conversation on a deeper level?

Thanks!

3 Likes