Proposal: Leadership in decentralized organizations: Principles and practices

Hi @Mr.Nobody - I just read the “Leading Change” portion of the article, and skimmed a good amount of the rest of it. It’s a great summary of organizational leadership, and I have some questions!

I’m, in general, still concerned about DAO’s needing to rebuild the wheel (which I said in my first post on this thread). Beyond education about tried and true organizational leadership, I actually believe the leadership challenges of the DAO are unique and urgently need answers to.

This includes research questions like:

• How do we organize teams, work, and lead in fully decentralized environments (different time zones with language and cultural barriers)?
  • How or can we lead anonymously?
  • How or can we lead those that are anonymous?
  • How different is the adaptability of the DAO from traditional organizations? How do we build and lead that?
  • How do we hold anyone accountable? How do we hold the DAO itself accountable? It’s incredibly important to have accountability defined in your organization. This very literally makes or breaks cultures. Leaders should be highly attuned to this.

Are these questions that TalentDAO will be answering? You may have two general categories of leaders here that I’m hoping your research will support: 1.) Leaders that know how to lead traditional organizations but need to adapt for the DAO model; and 2.) Leaders that have only led in DAOs and need leadership skills from traditional organizational mgmt practices.

Let me know what you think!

5 Likes