Post Idea: Benchmarking Multilayer Blockchains

Testbed Design and Performance Analysis for Multilayer Blockchains

• Link to source
    Testbed Design and Performance Analysis for Multilayer Blockchains | IEEE Conference Publication | IEEE Xplore

• Content type tag (summary, discussion)
    Summary

• Category
    Scaling

• Proposed tags
    Multilayer blockchain, open-source, configurable, Ethereum, evm-lite

• Description of why this would be an interesting post
    It can be a cumbersome process to find reliable blockchain performance benchmarks because each blockchain paper uses its own standards for benchmarking. Moreover, there are no benchmarking tools that exist for multilayer blockchains. This paper provides a definition of a parameter space - a combination of blockchain system parameters with the hardware that the blockchain runs on - and creates a system called Parameter Space Exploration. This system is highly effective at designing multilayer blockchain systems with simultaneous consideration to both power consumption and performance.

• Links to background reading
    Blockbench, a related work: https://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~ooibc/blockbench.pdf

2 Likes

Seems like an interesting piece of research. Do you have access to the full PDF? If not, as a SCRF member you can receive access to it.

3 Likes

Hey Lucas - I was thinking this would be a fairly quick and easy summary as I’m one of the original authors of this paper. I finished the summary and I’ll send you the link now!

3 Likes