Implementing SourceCred on the Forum

The Node and Edge weights our community will eventually decide upon will be public information. Everyone who looks will know which kinds of actions will be lucrative. On the surface, this sounds like a direct path to people exploiting that information which I suppose is the biggest risk I can think of. However, this is kind of by design and something I consider a positive risk. I think that a benefit of people knowing the reward structure is that their good behavior will more effectively help the forum achieve its goals.

As a community we are going to experiment how changing the node and edge weights affect how DAI (or whatever coin) gets distributed. So our sense of what is risky may also shift as we learn from our results.

Even if the worst case risk scenario of bad behavior plays out, I still view it as net positive. We will learn from that, adjust, and agree about how to try again.

I am currently working on creating a selection of the top 3 node and edge weights to start with. There will be a community meet that will host a discussion about those values and any adjustments we might want to make. After that there will be a poll hosted here on the forum along with an agreed upon amount of DAI to distribute. More details on all of soon!

5 Likes