SCRF is crowd-sourcing a list of key readings in each forum category to point readers to notable works and foundational research. Please comment in this thread with links to seminal research that could form part of an introductory graduate seminar in this category.
Please format your additions using the templates below:
## [Category Name] ### [Full Paper Title] - **Source:** <[Link]> - **Authors:** [Author 1, Author 2, etc.] - **Description:** [One sentence description of the work] - **Relevance:** [Once sentence explaining the special relevance of this work] - **Citation:** [Citation and abstract in plaintext] - **Tags:** [Relevant forum tags, if any]
Auditing and Security
The Security Reference Architecture for Blockchains: Towards a Standardized Model for Studying Vulnerabilities, Threats, and Defenses
- Source: https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.09775
- Authors: Ivan Homoliak, Sarad Venugopalan, Daniël Reijsbergen, Qingze Hum, Richard Schumi, Pawel Szalachowski
- Description: This paper proposes a 4-layer security reference architecture for blockchains and identifies known threats, countermeasures, and dependencies at each layer
- Relevance: This paper is relevant because it is one of the first contributing towards the standardization of security threat analysis in the blockchain space
- Citation: I. Homoliak, S. Venugopalan, D. Reijsbergen, Q. Hum, R. Schumi and P. Szalachowski, “The Security Reference Architecture for Blockchains: Toward a Standardized Model for Studying Vulnerabilities, Threats, and Defenses,” in IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 341-390, Firstquarter 2021, doi: 10.1109/COMST.2020.3033665.
- Tags: https://www.smartcontractresearch.org/tag/network-security
As with every post in SCRF, a discussion is highly encouraged. Please review one another’s suggestions and include your own. Syllabi and curated lists from other sources are also welcome.