A step-by-step guide on creating valuable comments on SCRF (my personal guide)

Thanks alot, I will research more.

2 Likes

Wow thanks for this wonderful content, it is quite helpful, because this is all new to me, but with this your review, I learnt alot from it.

4 Likes

I read your post and it is very educating and enlightening.
From the post I learnt the following;
How to research topics that will add value to the forum. I also learnt how to avoid topics that are not adding value to the community.
Here is where I need more explanation to. What tools should I use for doing research before choosing a topic?

4 Likes

@Ulysses This is the second time am coming to this post as my Comments have been flagged again. The few points I picked and I want you to deliberate more on isā€¦

1.USING OTHERS WORDS: Does it mean after making a research you donā€™t have to use a single word used by the research Sources

1. QUOTING SOURCES: Having a comment of more than 5 Paragraphs of which each paragraph was sourced by different authors, do I need to mention the whole sources at each paragraph of my comment.
5 Likes

@Desotech perhaps, you might find my reply helpful.

As a newbie in the community, take your time to study everything about the community. Here is the community guidelines. FAQ - Smart Contract Research Forum

5 Likes

Hi @Ivyprogress, there are a variety of tools you could use:

1. Google Scholar for original research publications.
  2. SCRF recommends for in-depth learning on a topic.
  3. Twitter for original announcements from organisations or individuals.
  4. YouTube for visuals for better understanding.
4 Likes

What are the reasons you recommend against writing in SCRF text box, Because I have been writing directly in their text box.

Your inclusion of specific examples really helped to illustrate your points and made the post easy to understand. I also appreciated your emphasis on the importance of staying informed and doing research in the process.

Here are few points i see that can help support this topic

1. Understand the context: Before you start commenting on the SCRF list, itā€™s important to understand the context and purpose of the list. This will help you to frame your comments in a way that is relevant and useful to the SCRF.

2. Identify areas for improvement: As you review the SCRF list, look for opportunities to suggest improvements or provide additional information. For example, you may notice that a particular fishery is not being managed in a sustainable way, or that there is a lack of data on a certain species. By identifying these areas for improvement, you can help to ensure that the SCRF list is as accurate and comprehensive as possible.

3. Provide supporting evidence: When making suggestions or recommendations, itā€™s important to back up your ideas with evidence. This could be data from research studies, reports from fisheries management organizations, or other credible sources. By providing supporting evidence, you can help to strengthen your argument and make your comments more valuable to the SCRF.

4 Likes

Hey @Desotech, writing on a word processor first over the SCRF text box will give you opportunity to outline, format, and edit your writing properly.

However, Iā€™m not saying that you cannot type directly onto the text box. Iā€™m only recommending what should be ideal for optimum result.

3 Likes

Hello @Desotech

1. Using othersā€™ words: It is generally acceptable to use othersā€™ words as long as you properly cite your sources. When you use someone elseā€™s words, it is important to put quotation marks around the borrowed text and to properly attribute it to the original source. This helps to ensure that you are giving credit to the original author and not passing off their work as your own.

2. Quoting sources: If you have a comment that consists of multiple paragraphs, and each paragraph is sourced from a different author, it is generally a good idea to include a citation after each paragraph. This makes it clear to your readers which ideas are yours and which are borrowed from other sources. It is also a good idea to include a list of references at the end of your comment, so that readers can easily find and read the original sources if they are interested.

My post gets flagged too on several occasions

6 Likes

Thanks alot for this enlightment, it will surely help me.